I am an experienced consultant in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry who has an established private clinic at Crescent Road Consulting Rooms in Hale, Cheshire, offering evening and weekend appointments to children of all ages.
I also continue to provide eight sessions as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at The Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital within the Tier 3 Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. I am interim Service Group Lead for Alder Hey Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services, which is a management role.
I am also Lead for the use of the Mental Health Act, Lead for The Transition between Adolescent and Adult Services and Lead for the management of Self-Harm, taking responsibility for the development of operational policies and audit in A&E and CAMHS. I continue to teach on self-harm and related psychiatric illness e.g. depression and anxiety across a variety of hospital disciplines including medical and nursing staff.
Dr Audrey Oppenheim
BSc, MB, ChB, FRCPsych, Dip.Family Therapy
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Here is a sample of just some of the conditions I treat:-
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Childhood Depression and Bipolar Disorder
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Functional Psychotic Illness and its association with Drug and Alcohol Use
• Eating Disorders including Anorexia, Bulimia and The Psychological Management of Obesity
• Asperger’s Syndrome and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
• Self-harm • Tics and Tourette’s Syndrome
• Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties including Anger Management
• The Impact of Divorce on Children and Families
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• School Refusal and the emotional impact of Bullying
• Sleep Disorders
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)